Friday 19 January 2007

Exams are over

Friday, 19 Jan 07


Well, my exams are over. In general they were pretty easy for my students. As I told them, the only way to fail is to decide to not show up for the exam. It was an easy class and I saw no reason that the exam should be hard.


Most of my students finished it in class on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. There were a few that I had to go back for on Friday, which was my last day of classes. For lunch Ken, Michelle, and I went out to kens preferred restaurant. However, I had to hurry back as I still had two classes with people that did not finish their exams.


When I got back I arranged to meet with HZQ for dinner and then went in to the class, where several students who were not taking exams were still present and I helped them prepare for some of their other exams along with grading the papers that I had assigned.


At dinner none of us, HZQ, her roommate, and me, were able to decide where to go for dinner. So, instead, we came back and they prepared dinner for the three of us, at my flat. Michelle stopped by and we, further, discussed our vacation plans. Michelle offered to type them up so we would have a clear plan and cost estimate. We will see how close we get, for about two weeks of travel we are estimating between three and four thousand RMB. Over a thousand of that will be train tickets. Most of the features that we have planned to visit are reasonably low cost things; however, we are unsure as to what rooms will really cost us.


We also discussed the possibility of Debra visiting her, and her family, during the vacation. That may work well as she lives in Xin Xinag, which is about an hour, by rail, from Zheng Zhou. This may give Debra and I am opportunity to visit the Museum, and city wall, there and to also visit the nearby, historic, city of Kaifeng.

No comments: