Tuesday 5 September 2006

Second day of class

5 Sep 06

Today it was not raining in torrential buckets. It was also the first day that I had a full schedule. I had one class in the morning and two in the afternoon. The classes run an hour and a half and have a ten-minute break in the middle. There is a lunch break that runs from 12:00 to 15:00, during which, there are no classes.

These classes went much better. I had planned material to fill the entire session. I started with roll call, which does not seem to be a familiar concept, and an introduction. I then asked them what kind of movies that they liked. I then followed this with a brief survey of western history and an exposure to the messiah concept. This concept is essential in order to have an understanding of the story of King Arthur and to understand the movie, Dune.

I also secured a room for the purpose of showing movies on Monday and Wednesday nights. At least I hope I did. I am hoping that nothing got lost in the translation. Susanne is going to check to see if the DVD player will play the DVDs that I brought with me tomorrow. She will then get back to me at lunch break to let me know if I need to make a new plan.

Our new friends, Colin and Bronny, just returned from Hong Kong with their Z visas. We all went to dinner: Collin and Bronny, Michelle, Susanne, **** (the South African), and an English speaking couple that are friends of ****(the South African), along with Zeneta and myself. For all of us, the bill came to about 25 Yuan.

A typical Chinese restraunt, the food here is very good. The kitchen is on the sidewalk in front.

We then walked a bit with Collin and Bronny, and Susanne before returning to the campus and our apartments.

No comments: