Saturday 2 September 2006

Blog Introduction

For my own reasons I have chosen to move my blog. It is mostly technical, things like improved search features.


For the most part, this is the same I have written in the past, at the other blogsite. There may be slight corrections of spelling and grammar; along with little sentence structure changes made to improve readability.


After teaching at Huarui College, Xinyang Normal University for over two years I have a decent handle on living in P.R. China. However, as people who have regularly read my blog know, thee was a learning curve, as there is in all new and large undertakings.


I left For china well prepared, both in academic qualifications and through cultural preparation. However, my writing does not dwell on my preparation. First, it is not my nature. My sense of humor, which I hope prevails in my writing, is rather self effacing. If you are wondering about the cultural source of this, I recommend the wikipedia article on the Scots-Irish for reading.


The second reason for not dwelling no my academic preparation and qualifications is equally simple. That is not what this story/blog is about. It is about my experiences in China and is intended to give a reader a picture of life here. It is intended to do this by showing my progression of experiences. Any failure to fulfill this intent is mine and I invite the reader to submit comments and questions so that I can come closer to this end in a way that is relevant to the reader.


This blog is not intended to make claims of my personal greatness. I am one of many. When I am boastful, I hope it is seen as being in a jovial way.

No comments: